Hadhrat Mufti Mahmud Hasan Gangohi (ra) once said,
The Maslak of the ‘Ulama of Deoband comprises of five things;
- The love of Allah should burn in one’s heart
- While refraining from customs which have no place in the Shari’ah, one should have faith in Pure Tawheed (monotheism, believing in the oneness of Allah Most high.)
- The love of the Noble Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) should be dominant over every other creation.
- Every facet of life should be illuminated with the following of the Sunnah
- There should be a love and desire to spread/propagate the Deen.
Ikhlaas ka Taj Mahal Darul Uloom Deoband, Kutub Khana Na’eemiyyah Deoband, Page 26